[CLUE-Tech] Webcams in Linux

Tom Poindexter tpoindex at nyx.net
Sat Apr 19 16:42:17 MDT 2003

On Sat, Apr 19, 2003 at 02:27:34PM -0700, JB wrote:
> Does anyone know of any webcams that work/are
> compatible in Linux?  I want to purchase one and wish
> it to go between m$ windows and LINUX.
>
> Any model/brand suggestions would be appreciated.

As with any hardware, do the research to avoid driver compatibility
issues.  Google should return many hits for 'linux webcam'.

I have two, both USB.  One is a Hawking UC110, works great with the
ov511 driver.  I found a couple at buy.com for $19 each a few weeks ago.
Another webcam is a 'DigiPen Dual Mode VGA' camera, also does streaming
(I received this as a gift a year ago, mainly for medium res stills.)
There is a driver (w9968cf) under development that beginning to work as well.

--
Tom Poindexter
tpoindex at nyx.net
http://www.nyx.net/~tpoindex/