[CLUE-Tech] mysql initialization problem: access denied for user: root

Nathan Hokanson nathan at redfactor.com
Wed Apr 30 11:56:26 MDT 2003

Try:
mysqladmin version -u root -p

You should be prompted for the root password (for mysql).  The version
information should be given after that.

If that doesn't work, when you do `ps aux` do you see mysqld running?

--
Nathan Hokanson
Nathan Hokanson                          nathan at redfactor.com
Partner/Lead Architect                   303-549-7652
RedFactor                                http://www.redfactor.com