[CLUE-Tech] RE: WineX for Linux to play Windows games (KevinCullis)

Kevin Lane kevin.lane at comcast.net
Sun Aug 3 13:47:49 MDT 2003

This would mean the ability to download the "free" version of the WineX
software.
It will work with non copy-protected games. The non-free or commercial
version of
WineX will allow the user to play most copy-protected games.

The free version of WineX is available via CVS through sourceforge at the
following
address: http://sourceforge.net/projects/winex/

You will need a rudimentary understanding of CVS to be able to download the
sources, and you will also need to compile the software to get it to work
with
your system. If you are uneasy about any of this process, then the
commercial
version may be your best bet.

Kevin Lane
Kevin.Lane at comcast.net