[CLUE-Tech] Question on mounting a new scsi drive

David Anselmi anselmi at americanisp.net
Sun Aug 10 15:46:00 MDT 2003

Jed S. Baer wrote:
[...]
> Actually, I still think this is just a little wierd. I mean, it makes
> sense that there has to be a directory entry in / (or wherever) for the
> mount point. But it would be nifty if it were flagged as a "mount point"
> entry, instead of being a real directory.

The wierd part (for beginners) is that the directory permissions change
depending what's mounted there.  But it makes sense when you get used to it.

Why would you like a "mount point" file type?  How would it be different
than a directory?  Other than to remind you to mount things there rather
than store files there (which you can achieve by naming it something
like... I don't know, /mnt).  <g>