[CLUE-Tech] Marginally OT: VPN client

black at galaxy.silvren.com black at galaxy.silvren.com
Tue Aug 12 08:04:12 MDT 2003

Something else to keep in mind: Even though you're using SNAT, the private
addresses you choose on your end ARE significant! The local IP addresses
gets wrapped into the data portion of the packet... the "public" IP
addresses are only used to route your IPSEC traffic between your SNAT
device and the VPN gateway.

In other words, if you're using 10.0.0.0/24 at home and somewhere on the
corporate side they're using 10.0.0.0/24, you're gonna have a routing
issue and packets will never make it back to you.

You might want to ask your VPN admin if this is the case.