[CLUE-Tech] FreeBSD [was Re: Nessus]

Dennis J Perkins djperkins at americanisp.net
Sat Aug 16 22:40:07 MDT 2003

You can probably blame IBM.  It's a BIOS limitation and I think IBM was
the only BIOS writer for the PC market when hard drive support was added
to PCs.  This means that SCSI has the same limit on the PC.  Other
platforms would have different limits.

The BIOS is probably the most archaic part of a modern computer.  Maybe
one of the BIOS replacement projects will finally get rid of it.