[CLUE-Tech] Migration M$ Outlook to Evolution?

Keith Christian keithchristian at yahoo.com
Tue Aug 19 09:32:18 MDT 2003

Hi Crawford,

For Outlook export, take at look at "outport"
(http://outport.sourceforge.net.)

Outport runs on the Win32 machine and can export most or all of Outlook's
folders (mail folders (PST's), calendar, contacts, etc.) to RTF/HTML/ASCII
files.

I used it with Outlook 98 at a recent client site and the export was flawless.
 To retain the most information I suggest exporting mail messages from the
inbox or other message folders to RTF, which will also capture attachments
within the RTF.

Outport creates a directory on the Windows machine (e.g. Inbox\) and saves
each message to a separate file.  I'm not sure how easy this would be to
convert to something that Evolution would import, but it may be possible to
combine (via a Perl script or something) into an MBOX file, or some other
format.

Outport's Win32 source code is available so that may allow other export
options.

====Keith