[CLUE-Tech] Linuxworld magazine

Joe 'Zonker' Brockmeier jzb at dissociatedpress.net
Tue Aug 19 10:07:25 MDT 2003

On Tue, 2003-08-19 at 09:47, Sean LeBlanc wrote:
> A friend sent me this link:
>
> https://www.sys-con.com/linux/subscribeCharterSpecialLW.cfm?ID=2
>
> Disclaimer: I am in no way affiliated, blah blah, etc.

Huh... I wonder if they're paying authors yet... Sys-Con was soliciting
authors for Linux Business Weekly a while back, in fact I think I may
have seen the post on this list, and when I contacted them I was told
"we really like your stuff, but we're not paying authors right now."
Yeah, I'd just be tickled pink to spend my time writing for a commercial
publication that plans to charge for advertising, charge for
subscriptions, but doesn't plan to pay authors. Nifty.

Zonker
--
Joe 'Zonker' Brockmeier
jzb at dissociatedpress.net