[CLUE-Tech] Anyone Running Wine?

Keith Christian keithchristian at yahoo.com
Thu Aug 21 17:49:08 MDT 2003

Hi Jed,

I've seen references stating the apps (Word, etc.) should be installed under
Wine (e.g. setup.exe) for best results.  I've not tried any Office 97 stuff
(but want to, when I get time.)

For kicks, I ran "Xenu's link checker" under the same version of Wine (also
under RedHat 8.0) and Xenu ran fine.  I tried that to verify Xenu's author's
claim that it would run under Wine.  His excuse for not creating a Linux
version.

WinZip 8.1 installed under Wine with no observable errors.  FWIW, I've
installed DOSEmu and FreeDOS under RedHat 8.0, and with a 4DOS shell, that
also runs very well.

======Keith