[CLUE-Tech] Java "Disabled" in Mozilla web browser, but not in Konqueror

Collins Richey erichey2 at comcast.net
Fri Aug 29 17:17:20 MDT 2003

On 29 Aug 2003 15:19:11 -0600
Kevin Cullis <kevincu at orci.com> wrote:

> Hey,
>
> Trying again to clear my wife of using MS stuff, she needs to use a
> web browser that has java "enabled" if you go to www.mymls.com you'll
> see what I mean.  I just downloaded Mozilla 1.4 and checked what is
> said for, but it still shows java as "disabled."   Do I have to update
> something since they're using IE 6.0 or better? Galeon doesn't work
> either, but Konguerer 3.0.3 does.  Anyone point me in a direction that
> would help. TIA.

If you indeed have Java installed, there should be no problem getting
Mozilla 1.4 to recognize it.  You just need the correct link in the
plugins directory.  I'm using blackdown and Mozilla Firebird, so I have
the following link in  /opt/MozillaFirebird/plugins

lrwxrwxrwx    1 root     root           66 Aug 19 20:59
javaplugin_oji.so
->/opt/blackdown-jdk-1.4.1/jre/plugin/i386/mozilla/javaplugin_oji.so

--
Collins Richey - Denver Area
if you fill your heart with regrets of yesterday and the