[CLUE-Tech] Java "Disabled" in Mozilla web browser, but not in Konqueror

Ed Hill ed at eh3.com
Fri Aug 29 22:26:28 MDT 2003

On Sat, 2003-08-30 at 00:15, Kevin Cullis wrote:
> Found this site to help with Java for Linux and Mozilla:
>
> http://plugindoc.mozdev.org/whichjava.html
>
> Looks like I downloaded the wrong stuff earlier. Oh, well, back to the
> download board.

Not to add needless confusion, but are you *sure*?

Note that the top of that mozdev page says (in bold-face red letters):

  "Note: This document is now obsolete. Sun Java Runtime
   Environment 1.4.2 has been released, with plugins for
   both gcc 2.9x and gcc 3.x builds of Mozilla."

I'm using the current Sun Java

  [XXX YYY]: rpm -qa | grep j2
  j2sdk-1.4.2_01-fcs

and it works just fine with the current Red Hat-supplied Mozilla
version:

  [XXX YYY]: rpm -qa | grep mozilla
  mozilla-1.2.1-26

which I've tested on various applets.

Ed

--
Edward H. Hill III, PhD
office:  MIT Dept. of EAPS;  Room 54-1424;  77 Massachusetts Ave.
email:   eh3 at mit.edu,  ed at eh3.com