[CLUE-Tech] Java "Disabled" in Mozilla web browser, but not in Konqueror

Kevin Cullis kevincu at orci.com
Sat Aug 30 09:07:11 MDT 2003

On Fri, 2003-08-29 at 22:13, Ed Hill wrote:
> > Yep, that is what I have, but it still is not working after linking.
> > I've downloaded the j2re-1_4_2_01-linux-i586-rpm.bin from Sun's site in
> > preparation if I need this.  But I guess that I've got to do some more
> > reading .......
>

> Please try:
>
>  1) download and install java (as you said)
>
>  2) cd /usr/lib/mozilla-1.2.1/plugins (or whatever your library
>     directory is for your particular Mozilla version)
>
>  3) ln -s
> ../../../java/j2sdk1.4.2_01/jre/plugin/i386/ns610/libjavaplugin_oji.so
> libjavaplugin_oji.so
>     (note you may have to change the paths slightly if you have a
>     different version than mine)
>
>  4) In the Mozilla browser URL window type in "about:plugins" and
>     see which plugins are activated.

This is what I got with "about:plugins" with Mozilla 1.4:

Default Plugin

        File name: libnullplugin.so
        The default plugin handles plugin data for mimetypes and
        extensions that are not specified and facilitates downloading of
        new plugins.

    MIME Type
   Description
     Suffixes
     Enabled
*
All types
.*
Yes

I'll continue with what you've said above.

Thanks for the help.

Kevin
--
Kevin Cullis