[CLUE-Tech] Java "Disabled" in Mozilla web browser, but not in Konqueror

Kevin Cullis kevincu at orci.com
Sat Aug 30 13:00:50 MDT 2003

On Sat, 2003-08-30 at 11:14, Match Grun wrote:

> So I went to visit this site. I could not find any applets there. That
> would require a Java JRE to be available.
>
> However, I did find that you need Javascript and Flash. Please note that
> Javascript is NOT Java.

Well that clears up that part of what I didn't know, but other than
Flash, why does it point me to this page:

http://onemymls.mymls.com/browser_problem.asp?CK=45&JE=false&B=Netscape

with this info:

                              Attention!!
                We detect that your "Java" is disabled.

MYmls.com requires the use of "Java"; the option to enable Java has been
disabled in your browser.
To enable Java with Netscape, follow these steps:

NETSCAPE 4.51, NETSCAPE 6.2
      * Choose Edit, then Preferences from the browser's menu
      * Click on the Advanced branch of the Category tree
      * Click on the Enable Java check box, then press the OK button
      * Click on the Home button on this page
MYmls.com is designed to work optimally with Microsoft's Internet
Explorer Browser. Metrolist currently supports IE version 6.0. For best
results, we recommend using this browser.Click here for more information
http://onemymls.MYmls.com/download/download.asp

Part of the issue is my wife uses the MYMLS to do web pages of home
listings which include pictures of the places.  Anyway, I'll keep
working on getting rid of MS stuff, we're getting closer by the month.

Kevin