[CLUE-Tech] Sendmail

David Anselmi anselmi at americanisp.net
Sat Feb 1 11:54:36 MST 2003

JD wrote:
> I want to use Outlook Express on my Win98 client to retrieve and send
> messages to/from my Linux proxy server. The LINUX proxy server is using
> SQUID.

It seems that squid does not do mail proxying, is that correct?  What
you need is a pop3 or imap server.  If you have that the Outlook docs
should be adequate to get you set up.  If you don't have that you should
restate your question (perhaps including what distro you use so that
people with direct experience can offer advice).

If you aren't sure whether you have pop3 or imap, you can try telnetting
to port 110 or 143 -- a connection indicates the service is running.
Netstat might also be helpful.

If none of this makes any sense, come to installfest (2/15) and ask lots
of questions.