[CLUE-Tech] Vi question

mgushee at havenrock.com mgushee at havenrock.com
Mon Feb 10 13:57:21 MST 2003

On 10 Feb 2003 at 13:25, Jeremiah Stanley wrote:

> I have been using pine for a couple of years now for email. It has a
> feature where you can justify text your are replying to that starts with
> a ">" by pressing CTRL-J. I would like to us vi to edit some email
> messages that I have and I am having a hard time re-justifying the text
> on lines preceded by a ">".

Do you mean "justify" or "wrap?" If it's the latter, position your cursor on the
first line of the text you want to reformat and type

  gq}

(make sure there's a blank line at the end). I think that will insert the >'s for
you, though I can't double-check because I'm in Windoze right now. And if
you want the block indented, just indent the first line before typing the above
command.

--
Matt Gushee
Englewood, CO USA