[CLUE-Tech] X on Woody

Keith Hellman kehellman at yahoo.com
Thu Feb 13 11:30:09 MST 2003

On Wed, Feb 12, 2003 at 12:12:16PM -0700, Sean LeBlanc wrote:
> Another question: how do I turn off gpm/xdm trying to launch at
> startup? Until I get this working, there is little point in that trying to
> launch. :) I checked /etc/inittab, and it didn't look like it's set there.

I didn't see anyone address this question, so I'll give it a shot.  In
RH and SuSE XDM is controlled by the runlevel that init boots to.  There
should be an initdefault entry in your /etc/inittab that dictates the
boot-to-runlevel.  I believe I set mine to 3 to avoid XDM.

If this isn't a solution (I don't use Debian), then you can
remove/unlink the XDM startup script in your startup directories.

HTH
--
Keith Hellman                             #include <disclaimer.h>
kehellman at yahoo.com               from disclaimer import standard

It's a small world. So you gotta use your elbows a lot.