[CLUE-Tech] CD burning

Jed S. Baer thag at frii.com
Fri Feb 14 11:41:06 MST 2003

On Fri, 14 Feb 2003 09:53:54 -0700
David Anselmi <anselmi at americanisp.net> wrote:

A tangent here.

I just dl'd Knoppix using a friend's machine (Cable modem -- woohoo).

I followed the instruction here
http://download.linuxtag.org/knoppix/docs/HOWTO-burn/ for burning using
Nero. The CD isn't bootable, at least on that machine. So, I made the
bootable floppy using rawrite2 (as described in the HTML docs on the ISO),
and it booted, but wouldn't load the OS from the CD.

Unfortunately, I'm home now (and I forgot to bring the platter with me),
so I can't test it here.

But, in googling for answers (sorta like bowling for dollars), I came
across some variant of the instructions. Some say to use "raw" mode,
others say to use a 2048 blocksize. Well, when I enable raw in Nero, the
blocksize selector goes disables.

So, the question is, how have CLUEbies succesfully burned a bootable CD
using the ISO?

I guess I could just make an ISO containing the file (i.e as "content" of
the filesystem), and mess with it at home, but I hate to waste CD-R
platters, and my CDRW platters are only 650MB.

jed
--
I wouldn't even think about bribing a rottweiler with a steak that
didn't weigh more than I do. -- Jason Earl