[CLUE-Tech] Reliable writing editors?

Jeffery Cann fabian at jefferycann.com
Sun Feb 16 09:42:02 MST 2003

On Sunday 02 February 2003 02:41 pm, Sean LeBlanc wrote:
> If you do, let me know how that turns out. I took a half-hearted stab at it
> over a year ago when I was getting frustrated with resume problems in Word
> 2000. I was not able to get a CV class to be "read", IIRC. I know nothing
> about TeX/LaTeX, so that probably wasn't helping, either. :)

LyX is definitely cool.  I have been writing with it for a week or so.  It's
easy to use and after reading portions of the tutorial, I think the LyX
paradigm makes sense to me - i.e., don't worry about formatting.

To use it, you simply need to use the left-hand selection to apply a different
style.

Also, for your resume problem, LyX will export to PDF format.  This is a good
enough reason to eschew MS.

Matt Gushee commented on the document templates and the XForms GUI toolkit.  I
don't mind either.

Jeff

--
    planet earth (tm)