[CLUE-Tech] Reliable writing editors?

Matt Gushee mgushee at havenrock.com
Tue Feb 18 17:43:54 MST 2003

On Mon, Feb 17, 2003 at 07:27:31PM -0700, Sean LeBlanc wrote:

> Not bad advice. I'd add one caveat - make sure your resume hasn't
> unexpectedly expanded beyond your intended number of pages. I know that I
> have to go in and adjust my resume in Word after doing this, otherwise,
> instead of being 2 pages, it's 3 or 4.

You can also save the document in RTF with a .doc extension, which
should preserve the pagination but is probably slightly less foolproof
than HTML. But I'm wondering about something. I've heard that one of the
reasons recruitoids demand resumes in Word format is that they use
automated tools to extract whatever data they are looking for from your
resume.  Now, if those tools are based on the MS Office API (as they
most likely are), that means they will probably access the resume's
contents via the Word object model. I wonder if that will still work on
one of our impostor documents?

mgushee at havenrock.com           its fields;
                            Horses bear soldiers through
                                its streets.