[CLUE-Tech] Creation of mysql db with no shell access?

Ed Young ejy at summitbid.com
Sat Feb 22 08:53:34 MST 2003

Jeff,

Thanx for the reply.

1.  I don't know, and this is a site I'm setting up for a friend. The
ISP is dsl.net and although I've posted other questions  to them, I
generaly get canned  replies with no direct answers...However, I can try
again with these specific questions.

(Sadly, I don't know much about the mysql part of this subject, but
that's about to change...)

2.So, I have to get the ISP to set up an mysql user, and perhaps a db?
Let's hope they'll work with me.

Any other pointers? Hopefully I'll have time this weekend to research
this a bit more. (my son is right now demanding my attentions)
 I successfully set up my own site with our friends at Techangle
(www.SummitBid.com) , so I've been around the block with this once, but
we all know it's easy to work with them!! Not all ISP's are created equal...

Ed