rgrep? [was Re: [CLUE-Tech] xargs]

Jed S. Baer thag at frii.com
Sun Jan 5 16:32:51 MST 2003

On 05 Jan 2003 15:43:30 -0700
Lynn Danielson <lynn.danielson at clue.denver.co.us> wrote:

> On Sat, 2003-01-04 at 15:59, Jed S. Baer wrote:
> >
> > ... rgrep is certainly better.
>
> I'm not familiar with rgrep.  It doesn't come with SuSE.
> Is it being included with other distro's?  How is it
> different/better than the rest of the grep family?

Wot, no rgrep?! Those silly Deutschlanders.

rgrep is "recursive" grep. There are debs and RPMs for it. What does SuSE
use?

Odd thing is I couldn't find an online manpage for it. Usually, one
stumbles across man pages all over the place when googling for programs.
Nor could I find the "official" maintainer web site for it.

jed
--
We're frogs who are getting boiled in a pot full of single-character
morphemes, and we don't notice. - Larry Wall; Perl6, Apocalypse 5