[CLUE-Tech] DOS on Linux

Timothy C. Klein teece at silverklein.net
Wed Jan 8 22:51:57 MST 2003

* Kevin Cullis (kevincu at orci.com) wrote:
> Hey,
>
> Just ran across someone how has a 2Mb RAM IBM POS DOS system, has anyone
> on the list run DOS on Linux?  It's a small company and what they use
> works, but being low budget (like no one else is, right? :-) ) does
> anyone know how to run DOS on Linux if a newer machine is purchased so
> they can run DOS and Linux?
>
> It's easier to upgrade the hardward than the software, although there
> might be some problems with that as well that I haven't thought of.

DosEMU seemed to do a pretty good job of running DOS on Linux, under
some Free license or another.  I have not used it a lot, but DOS is a
stable target, so there is a good chance things would work under the
emulator.

Tim
==  Timothy Klein || teece at silverklein.net  ==
==  http://i148.denver.dsl.forethought.net  ==