[CLUE-Tech] please rescue me from poor planning

Friedman, Jason Jason.Friedman at janus.com
Fri Jan 10 13:13:46 MST 2003

I created a /usr partition which will likely become too small the
medium-term, mostly because I did a full-install of RedHat 8.0.

I want to free up some of that space so that I can continue to add other
packages and software which interest me, and I'd like to be consistent
and put all of my user binaries in /usr.

I _know_ for example, that I'll continue to Gnome and never use KDE
(nothing against KDE, I just wanted to choose one and move on).  I'd
like to remove all, or most of, the KDE packages.  How can I identify
them for my "rpm -e" command?  Are there any other largish package
groups that I likely will never use?

Thank you,
Jason Friedman
303-782-3560