[CLUE-Tech] giFT?

Sean LeBlanc seanleblanc at americanisp.net
Thu Jan 16 19:10:46 MST 2003

On 01-16 14:45, Chris N. Brown wrote:
> Hello out there,
>
> http://gift.sourceforge.net/
>
> I was wondering if anyone has managed to complile this daemon on linux?  It's
> a linux replacement for several file-sharing protocols, like WinMX, Kazaa,
> etc.  I hit their site and it looks like you have to compike from CVS, no
> binaries available.  Before I spend the time doing that, I was wondering:
>
> a).  Has anyone done this already?
> b).  How well does it work?
> c).  Any gotchas?

I haven't used it, but it's my understanding it only uses OpenFT, and not
FastTrack...but that info may be outdated.

I don't know if you've seen them, but you may want to consider the nap
(commandline) client as well as edonkey. The nap client now hits the OpenNap
servers and not the official Napster servers. And it connects automagically
- with others I found I had to manually connect, but sometimes that's a
bonus if you want to connect to one of the specialized servers. Then there's
the various Gnutella clients or IRC...

Sean LeBlanc:seanleblanc at americanisp.net
http://users.americanisp.net/~seanleblanc/
Get MLAC at: http://sourceforge.net/projects/mlac/
If your sword's too short, add to its length by taking one step forward.