[CLUE-Tech] stress test for web servers / applications

Nathan Hokanson nathan at redfactor.com
Fri Jan 17 19:41:36 MST 2003

On Fri, 2003-01-17 at 22:56, Dave Price wrote:
> greetings,

Greetings, back.  It is good to see that you have fixed your clock... :)
(several of your messages around the "Old Bloody Hardware" discussion
where sent on Jun 13 2010 ... unless you have discovered time travel...)

> I am looking for an application or set of scripts that can be used to
> load / stress test a web server.

Anyway, here is a quote from the Apache JMeter page
http://jakarta.apache.org/jmeter/

"Apache JMeter  is a 100% pure Java desktop application designed to load
test functional behavior and measure performance. It was originally
designed for testing Web Applications but has since expanded to other
test functions."

> I would like to be able to package up a group of tests that can test a
> server's response time under load.

I think that it can do what you need.  I haven't used it in a while, and
it looks like they have increased the functionality of it quite a bit
since I last used it.