[CLUE-Tech] Dumb ISO Size Question

Jed S. Baer thag at frii.com
Fri Jan 24 10:07:18 MST 2003

On Fri, 24 Jan 2003 07:43:09 -0700
David Anselmi <anselmi at americanisp.net> wrote:

> Jed S. Baer wrote:
> > OK, this feels like a really lame question, but it seems like
> > sometimes the easiest ones are the most elusive.
> >
> > How much data, really, can I stuff onto an "80 minute" CD-R?
>
> http://www.cdrfaq.org/faq07.html#S7-6

Thanks Dave. I knew it was an easy question. ;-)

 80 minutes == 360,000 sectors == 703.1MB CD-ROM == 807.4MB CD-DA

I just love this answer. And later, on: "bear in mind that different
batches of the same media may have different capacities." sounds pretty
good too.

jed
--
I wouldn't even think about bribing a rottweiler with a steak that
didn't weigh more than I do. -- Jason Earl