[CLUE-Tech] Reverse DNS

Mike Staver staver at fimble.com
Tue Jul 1 00:01:27 MDT 2003

>Oh, I have a couple of domain names. But in my ignorance of DNS, I
>thought it might cause confusion to have hostnames in my domain located
>in completely different places. I take it that's not the case (assuming
>the hostnames are distinct, of course)?

I guess a simple explination of it would be that if you had two
networks, your domain name could be pointed at both - you would just
have seperate host names everywhere.  I have dsl.fimble.com pointed at
my ip, while www.fimble.com points at an entirely different network.  I
have many different host names under the fimble.com domain, and most of
them aren't even in the same timezone.