[CLUE-Tech] apache mod_rewrite

Jeffery Cann fabian at jefferycann.com
Wed Jul 9 23:05:58 MDT 2003

Okay - I have read the mod_rewrite docs a couple of times and I'm not a regexp
newbie.

But, I haven't used mod_rewrite before and I am not getting a simple rule to
work.  I want to redirect all requests for /webapp/s/ (the 'secure' portion)
from HTTP to HTTPS.

Here's what I have:

RewriteEngine on
RewriteLog "/var/apache2/logs/rewrite.log"
RewriteLogLevel 9

RewriteRule ^/webapp/s/(.*) https://%{SERVER_NAME}/webapp/s/$1 [R,L]

I'm not sure why I am not getting any log entries when I hit
http://localhost/webapp/s/mypage.jsp -- I'm assuming that the rule is not
satisfied and thus no logging?  I would expect to at least see output like
'Rule blah no match' or something.

I appreciate suggestions, working examples or clues.

Thanks
--
"Keep yourselves far from every form of exaggerated nationalism, racism and
intolerance."