[CLUE-Tech] Hyperterminal, minicom, and SSH

Kevin Cullis kevincu at orci.com
Fri Jul 11 22:03:24 MDT 2003

Hey all,

A while back I asked about an equivalent in Linux of Winblows
Hyperterminal and most suggested minicom.  However, I have come across a
piece of info that I have not heard before: I can use SSH or other type
program to access some info via TCP/IP.

My wife uses Hyperterminal to access from home a separate phone number
but has recently access the same info via the organization's network the
MLS system.  Would SSH do the same as Hyperterminal?

Why?  My wife says that the "command line" is faster and she's now using
Linux to access the web based stuff and I'm trying to get her connected
via possibly SSH to further "disconnect" her from Winblows.

Any suggestions or hints to follow?

Kevin