[CLUE-Tech] GPL loopholes

Angelo Bertolli angelo at sdf.lonestar.org
Tue Jul 15 20:11:46 MDT 2003

I was always curious as to how certain distros got away with not making
the source available to their product as per the GPL.  I went to
Libranet's site and I couldn't find anything.  I found an old version of
an ISO at linuxiso.org.  I thought the GPL stated that if you
distributed a program under the GPL you must also provide the source
code.  These days it seems no one cares so much about source as they do
about getting the binaries.

At any rate, I guess the GPL does not state how easy it needs to be to
obtain the source code.  So there is one loophole.

Angelo