[CLUE-Tech] GPL loopholes

Angelo Bertolli angelo at sdf.lonestar.org
Tue Jul 15 23:24:19 MDT 2003

Actually one thing I'm not clear on:  can a friend copy any GPL software
legally?  I always thought that it was legal to copy source, but not
necessarily binaries.  And then there is the matter of Red Hat not
wanting others to distribute things with their logos and trademarks...
so is it legal to make a copy of a Red Hat distro?  If so, why do places
like cheapbytes.com have to change it to "Pink Tie"?

Angelo