[CLUE-Tech] spam issues continued

Randy Arabie randy at arabie.org
Thu Jul 17 08:03:17 MDT 2003

On Wednesday, 16 July 2003 at 17:00:18 -0600, Mike Staver <staver at fimble.com> wrote:
> Well, since nobody seems to know how to unwhitelist my own domain name
> from SpamAssassin, I've decided to take other forms of action against
> the spammers who have sent me over 50 messages today alone using the
> method where they spam me from my own domain name.  The website I'm
> being told to visit over and over again is healthproductsnow.net.  Funny
> thing I discovered when trying to find out what it is:
>
> Registrant:
> Health Products (IUPHFCGWHD)
>    POBOX 440033
>    Aurora, CO 80044
>    US
>
>    Domain Name: HEALTHPRODUCTSNOW.NET
>
>    Administrative Contact:
>       Products, Health  (JKTSYMZQYI)            help at healthproductsnow.net
>       Health Products
>       POBOX 440033
>       Aurora, CO 80044
>       US
>       (866) 292-4101
>    Technical Contact:
>       Products, Health  (EBJUECFDWI)            help at healthproductsnow.net
>       POBOX 440033
>       Aurora, CO 80044
>       US
>       (866) 292-4101
>
>    Record expires on 26-Apr-2004.
>    Record created on 26-Apr-2003.
>    Database last updated on 16-Jul-2003 18:49:34 EDT.
>
>    Domain servers in listed order:
>
>    NS7.HEALTHPRODUCTSNOW.NET    200.168.14.44
>    NS12.HEALTHPRODUCTSNOW.NET   200.206.184.46
>    NS13.HEALTHPRODUCTSNOW.NET   200.206.186.222
>    NS14.HEALTHPRODUCTSNOW.NET   200.206.183.223
>
> Ha, funny thing.  I happen to live in Aurora.  How nice it would be for
> me to pay a visit in person to this company, eh?  I only have one
> question - how do I find out who owns this PO Box address???  Also, the
> other domains they are affiliated with in the emails are:
>
> gresataa.com
> mort888.com

I googled on the phone number in the registration info you
list above and came up with this link:

  http://www.toastedspam.com/stupid/disptext/healthproducts.bz_0001

The previous whois info (2002 - 2003) shown on that page
actually lists a name and address with that same phone
number.

I'd guess the scumbag is still at that old address.  Prolly
just got tracked down and decided to get a PO Box to keep
the heat away.

--
Allons Rouler!

Randy