[CLUE-Tech] GPL loopholes

Joe Linux joelinux at earthlink.net
Thu Jul 17 08:10:30 MDT 2003

One thing I didn't like about RH was that at one point in time  you were
forced to register your system.  I didn't want to do it because I was
never sure I wanted to use it.  So going by your bandwidth theory, I'm
doing RH a favor by ordering my disks from edmunds-enterprises and then
just testing it without registering with RH to see if I like it.  So
far, RH has never been user friendly enough for me to stick with.  What
I mean by that is that RH has very annoying permissions problems ehich
ends up making  it unusable for me.

In contrast. I paid for my Libranet system, and I am willing to pay for
Linux software, but it must meet the "linux for mom" user friendliness
criteria.  It cannot be too difficult to use because of excess security
which is too difficult and obscure to change.  All in all, Libranet was
a good investment.  I don't have to use M$ software, and I have a
reasonably usable computer system.