[CLUE-Tech] GPL loopholes

Kirk Rafferty kirk at fpcc.net
Thu Jul 17 11:24:50 MDT 2003

On Thu, Jul 17, 2003 at 08:02:56AM -0600, Jeremiah Stanley wrote:
> People would revolt in the streets if Microsoft made you pay for
> updates.

I used to think that too.  But you know what?  I think if Microsoft charged
for updates, people would just stop updating.  Sure, you'd have pockets of
resistance for awhile, but it would die down fairly quickly.  The fact that
people didn't revolt in the streets over the so-called antitrust settlement
tells me that the public have pretty much stopped struggling, and have come
to accept the fact that they are Bill's bee-yotches.

Regards,
Kirk