[CLUE-Tech] RedHat Kickstart, with Oracle and EMC.

Jed S. Baer thag at frii.com
Thu Jul 17 12:16:46 MDT 2003

On Thu, 17 Jul 2003 11:57:13 -0600 (MDT)
Jim Ockers <ockers at ockers.net> wrote:

> IBM appears to have very strong Linux SAN support, as well.  If you can
> stand dealing with the IBM channel etc. you should definitely consider
> buying IBM Linux servers - they have been "in deep" with Linux for a
> long time.  The IBM people you talked to may not have known what their
> Linux support options were.

Well, they did mention they provide a "solution" -- on the Z series
servers, not commodity Intel boxes.

> Anyway your kickstart should work fine if the kernel has the driver for
> your fiberchannel controller in it.

Well, I wouldn't call it "mine". If I were to get the job ... then they'd
benefit from your advice. I'll have to stick in the the "saved" folder in
the hope of using it someday.

jed