[CLUE-Tech] loading a module (LKM)

Jed S. Baer thag at frii.com
Tue Jul 22 22:02:25 MDT 2003

On Tue, 22 Jul 2003 21:11:58 -0400 (EDT)
Javier Govea <jgovea at magma.ca> wrote:

> modprobe: Too deep recursion in module dependencies!
> modprobe: Circular dependency? ip_nat_core ip_nat_proto_udp ip_conntrack
> ip_tables ipt_MASQUERADE
> Aborted (core dumped)

In addition to Dave's advice, this indicates maybe a problem in your
/etc/modules.conf, I think. I'm sure someone will correct me if I'm wrong.
Look for any "above" and "below" lines concerning these modules. Actually,
I'd be surprised if there were any, since running 'depmod -a' should
properly build your module depency tree (thus, you shouldn't need anything
in modules.conf for that), but it's something to look into.

jed