[CLUE-Tech] Linux and SANs

Jeremiah Stanley lists at miah.org
Sun Jul 27 09:28:53 MDT 2003

> Anyway, I was wondering if anyone here on the list has AS 2.1 boxes running in
> Fibre Channel SANs?

The City of Arvada was trying to do this. The biggest trouble they had
was that their SAN cards did not have drivers compiled for that kernel.
Damn binary only drivers. Once they got some drivers for AS kernels the
cards presented SCSI hard drives as if they were local drives.

Check with the vendor of your SAN to see what card compatibility you
have and then grep the Hardware-HOWTO to see if it gives any info. The
best trick I've used it to type "linux <your card model number here>"
into google. That usually brings up one other unlucky sap trying to do
the same thing. :)

--
JStanley <miah at miah.org>
http://www.slavewage.com/