[CLUE-Tech] Linux and SANs

Jeremy Huber jhuber at fallenknight.org
Mon Jul 28 11:08:51 MDT 2003

On my mailserver for work, I've got a Dell Poweredge 6450 and a Powervault
650/630 setup.  It's technically still a SAN, even though the cable is
direct to the PV rather than through a switch.  Other than setting the
Qlogic card to peer mode so it doesn't try to find a switch, I didn't have
to do anything for it to work under Linux.  I used the default RedHat
qla2200.o module, and it's been happy as a clam.  I prefer to use the module
instead of compiled in, so if I need to I can swap the module without
rebooting the server (as I've done once before).

Now, since there's no Linux apps to maintain the SAN, if I ever need to
change a configuration, I have to connect it to a Windows box. :/  If anyone
knows of an app, please let me know!

Jeremy