[CLUE-Tech] OpenOffice Outlines

Jed S. Baer thag at frii.com
Wed Jul 30 15:06:40 MDT 2003

Hi Folks.

Well, it must be a brain cramp day. I'm trying to use OpenOffice writer to
create an outline. Maybe I'm expecting it to be too easy (but it should
be). But I just can't find the control for "increase/decrease level".
There seem to be various style items for changing the _appearance_ of the
numbering, but none of them (at least that I could tell), establish a
logical (i.e. hierarchical) relationship of elements. It's been a long
while since I did this in either Word or WordPerfect, but ISTRC that it
was trivially easy to do, without having to load up a style list and guess
what the effects of something might be. Surely, OpenOffice can handle
this?

jed