[CLUE-Tech] [OT] What are my broadband options?

Evan Widger Widgetron at linkline.com
Thu Jul 31 15:46:26 MDT 2003

from what i remember selling comcast services at Gateway in Grand
Rapids, the cost of broadband @1.5mbps if you already have some form of
cable tv ~ 43./month + modem rental (or not, most gateway deals with
them centered around free modem, or free modem after rebate) and the
cost for people that did not want cable television, just broadband ~ $58

the explination our comcast rep gave me is that if the cable's running
to your house with a signal, they can't prevent you from getting the
most basic channels and if you were to breake it down, the 58 bucks is
the cost of broadband + their cheapest video package. too bad there's no
filters they can install (sorta like the audio filters for DSL lines) to
block cable signal and leave data on.

-Evan