[CLUE-Tech] Memory tester.

Michael J. Hammel mjhammel at graphics-muse.org
Wed Jun 4 08:04:21 MDT 2003

On Wed, 2003-06-04 at 08:25, David Anselmi wrote:
> I asked a while back how to test memory to rule out hardware as a
> problem when troubleshooting wierd behavior.  Maybe this is an
> alternative to a hardware tester:
>
> http://www.memtest86.com/

It's a well known memory test software package.  I've used it before.
SuSE 8.2 (at least) includes a version on their installation CD.  A
number of the tests can run for long, extended periods of time depending
on the amount of memory you have.  But for the average person, it can be
used to shake the heck out of the non-disk hardware and see what
happens.
--
Michael J. Hammel           |
The Graphics Muse           |       I refuse to star in your psychodrama.