[CLUE-Tech] RE: brew your own distro...

Keith Hellman kehellman at yahoo.com
Thu Jun 5 11:25:10 MDT 2003

Well, I would think this could be done.  I've only use knoppix
occasionally, but it does seem to work very well.

It would at least allow people to try your software out.  If they like it
they may be happy with just running off the CD all the time.

Otherwise, it may provide them the motivation to hone their own system w/
your installation guide.

I think others on the list have experience INSTALLING knoppix (vs running
from CD), but I've never done this, and I'm not sure how replacing the
kernel/adding modules would/could effect the installation.

Everything I say is 100% speculation, but I think most of it is pretty sound.

=====
Keith E. Hellman
kehellman at yahoo.com