[CLUE-Tech] testing famd?

Jed S. Baer thag at frii.com
Thu Jun 5 19:49:30 MDT 2003

On Thu, 5 Jun 2003 19:13:58 -0600
Jeffery Cann <fabian at jefferycann.com> wrote:

> On Thursday 05 June 2003 07:13 pm, Dennis J Perkins wrote:
> > Can you give the exact error message?
>
> 	ERR: Error: Input/output error
>         ERR: Check for proper operation and configuration
>         ERR: of the File Access Monitor daemon (famd).

My, how informative.

What I usually wind up doing in cases like these is digging through the
source for the script that gets executed for whatever step is failing, and
sticking a "set -x" command someplace where it looks useful. Yeah, it's
grotesque.

Have you tried just grepping the source directory for "famd"? You might
get lucky and find the command that's being executed to test it. Whether
that would be useful knowledge, I dunno.

Shootin' in the dark -- all I can think of. But maybe the famd problem
lies in the way it's being invoked by the make test.

jed
--
I wouldn't even think about bribing a rottweiler with a steak that
didn't weigh more than I do. -- Jason Earl