[CLUE-Tech] Java, PostgreSQL and JDBC help needed

Joseph Thomas greywolf921 at hotmail.com
Thu Jun 5 23:12:17 MDT 2003

the driver I am trying to use is located in /usr/share/pgsql/pg73b1jdbc2.jar

This (acording to postgresql.org) is the jdbc driver to use for postgresql
jdbc.

also, to correct my code, per the advice of another person, I have tried the
line :
     Class.forName("postgresql.Driver").newInstance();
and I also tried:
     Class.forName("org.postgresql.Driver").newInstance();

here is the command line I am typing and the response:
     [joe at localhost JDBCTest]# java PostgreSQLTest
PostgreSQLTest