[CLUE-Tech] Re: UNSUBSCRIBE YOURSELF

Angelo Bertolli angelo at sdf.lonestar.org
Tue Jun 10 15:22:51 MDT 2003

> Maybe you should bend over backwards because its a nice thing to do?  We
> are, after all, talking about a simple unsubscribe request.  Annoying,
> maybe.  Difficult to honor, not really.  And really not worth all this
> fuss, I think.

The only problem with this is that we don't want it to be a policy that
sending unsubscribe messages to the list will get you taken off the
list.  If people figure out that saying "unsubscribe me" doesn't work,
then they won't do it.  Otherwise it may become standard procedure, if
you're too nice about it.

But I would agree, people have been rather mean about this--maybe
they're just annoyed... we could all just relax.

I think the policy should be this:  if someone wants off the list, they
ask for it, and are told where to go to get off, then fine.  Everyone
should get one chance.  If someone asks more than once they get banned
from the list.

Angelo