[CLUE-Tech] Mailling List Web Page

Angelo Bertolli angelo at sdf.lonestar.org
Tue Jun 10 15:29:24 MDT 2003

> As it turns out (read Chris' reply), his reason for not unsubscribing was
> that the link at the bottom is obscure.  And while I don't think I'd have
> a problem with it, he might have a point.  After all, even if he followed
> the link, Mailman isn't exactly the most intuitive interface when you want
> to unsubscribe.  It's at the very bottom of the page, easily overlooked if
> you're a techno-noob.  After all, there's a "Subscribing to CLUE-Tech"
> header, but not a "Unsubscribing from CLUE-Tech" header.  That's not very
> intuitive. (Also not CLUE's fault, this is how Mailman ships.)  I'm willing
> to bet my mom (a Linux user) would have a hard time unsubscribing if she
> had to.

It would be simple to create a Mailing List Web Page which talks about
what's appropriate to say on the list,  what's inappropriate, how to
subscribe and unsubscribe, how to get help, different options, etc. with
easy links and instructions to do anything you want.  Actually, I did
notice that the default system has a "bare-bones" interface to work
from... just a one page site with instructions, explanations, and
protocol would be really easy to make.

Angelo