[CLUE-Tech] corrupted ext2 directory?

David Anselmi anselmi at americanisp.net
Wed Jun 11 12:50:24 MDT 2003

Dan Harris wrote:
[...]

> DUMP: dumping (Pass III) [directories]
> /dev/sda2: EXT2 directory corrupted while converting directory #7569431
>
> /dev/sda2 is on a mirrored RAID volume.

This indicates a problem if your dumping ext3 as ext2:

https://listman.redhat.com/archives/valhalla-list/2002-June/msg02655.html

> I rebooted the machine and ran fsck on the partition.  No errors were
> reported and no action was taken.

If the partition is marked clean, fsck won't do any other checks unless
you use -f to force it.

[...]

> 3) is there some util that can tell me the actual NAME of directory
> #7569431?

Probably the directory name is in the dump output before your error
line.  Or you can use this (the number is the inode number of the
directory):

find / -inum 7569431 -ls

HTH,