[CLUE-Tech] Linux for publishing and the masses

Joe 'Zonker' Brockmeier jzb at dissociatedpress.net
Thu Jun 12 23:51:46 MDT 2003

On Tue, 2003-06-10 at 15:02, Dale K. Hawkins wrote:
> A friend sent me this.  I would be interested to hear people's
> opinions.  Especially if anyone has any real publishing experience.
> (I replied with what I know about Linux, but being a programmer, I
> could not imagine using any other OS).

On this topic... I think someone has already mentioned the Gimp as a
suitable Photoshop replacement, but has anyone tried Sodipodi? It seems
to be an Illustrator-like application. It only saves in SVG and exports
to PNG, but it can (apparently) produce some pretty sweet graphics:
http://sodipodi.sourceforge.net/

Since I'm pretty hopeless when it comes to computer graphics, someone
else will have to evaluate Sodipodi in terms of its quality as a
graphics app...but it looks pretty sweet.

Zonker
--
Joe 'Zonker' Brockmeier
jzb at dissociatedpress.net