[CLUE-Tech] Linux for publishing and the masses

Jed S. Baer thag at frii.com
Fri Jun 13 07:02:44 MDT 2003

On Fri, 13 Jun 2003 12:03:17 GMT
Dennis J Perkins <djperkins at americanisp.net> wrote:

> There's also a program called Sketch.  It requires Python and a graphics
>
> library, and possibly GTK or GNOME as well.

Sketch was worse than Sodipodi. It doesn't appear to be a GTK app though.
It needs more stuff than a typical RedHat install provides. I had some
difficulty locating RPMs for all the dependencies, and had to build one of
them (a math lib, IIRC) from source.

Sketch does not properly render
/usr/share/gdm/themes/happygnome/background.svg

jed
--
I wouldn't even think about bribing a rottweiler with a steak that
didn't weigh more than I do. -- Jason Earl