[CLUE-Tech] Linux for publishing and the masses

Joe Linux joelinux at earthlink.net
Sat Jun 14 06:18:33 MDT 2003

No, I think they were in the sense that they were talking about ease of
use and the capabilities of various graphics programs.  But as you well
know, vector style programs are completely different from raster.  It's
sort of like comparing a baseball team to a hockey team.  They are both
sports where an object is hit with a stick, but very different in actual
play.  Raster doesn't scale up well, whereas vector doesn't have much
nuance of shading.  I think Corel Draw tried to mix the two together,
but in my opinion, without much success.  But the point is, you can't
really compare Corel Draw to Adobe Photoshop as they are two different
types of programs. Corel, being vector, and Adobe being raster.

devoted to Linux "raster" art.